Direct School Admission
Direct School Admission 2018
‘Dare to Serve – QUEST Community Youth Leaders’
Established since 1957, Queenstown Secondary School prides itself as one of the pioneer schools in Singapore for nurturing students who possess the necessary skills and values to excel in the future. Our school’s vision is for our students to be ‘Leaders for Tomorrow, Anchored in Values, and Committed to Serve’. They are imbued with desirable values, in particular, the school’s core values of Resilience, Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (R2ISE).
Building on our strength, our Uniformed Group Niche since 2012 and the unprecedented 1000th awardee for the National Youth Achievement Award (NYAA) in 2014, our school repositions its strengths in developing leaders through our Learning for Life Programme (LLP) that focuses on Community Youth Leadership. We have a well-established Values-in-Action (VIA) programme with our community partners to develop our students to live up to our school motto ‘Dare to Serve’. For example, our students work with our partners, Lions Befrienders, to engage the elderly citizens living in Redhill district and the intellectually disabled pupils from Lee Kong Chian Gardens School. We endeavor to nurture Queenstownians to R2ISE as future ready leaders, actively contributing to society. Thus, our students will graduate with at least a NYAA Bronze Award with many going on to achieve a Silver Award.
Queenstown Secondary School welcomes students who believe that they have the potential to live up to the school’s vision and core values to participate in the Direct School Admission (DSA) Exercise.
- Download application form from here
- All completed application forms, together with valid supporting documents, must be submitted in person, to:
Queenstown Secondary School
1 Strathmore Road S148800
Attention: Mr Koa Chee Meng (HOD PE/CCA)
Applications will not be accepted if submitted through other means i.e. fax, email etc.
- Students with leadership position(s) in Primary School (i.e. Prefects, Class Committee) and/or students who demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
- Students with experience in organising and participating in Community Involvement Programme (CIP) / Values-In-Action (VIA) projects.
- Students who have good conduct in Primary School.
Supporting documents include:
- Copies of Primary 5 and 6 academic result slips.
- Portfolio of achievements / awards / leadership position(s) / VIA Project(s) and CIP records.
Closing date for submission of application is on Friday, 3 August 2018 at 5.00pm. Applications after this date and time, and applications with incomplete supporting documents will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified to attend a school-based interview.
Results of Application:
- All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications by 31 August 2018 (Friday). For successful applicants, your respective primary school will follow up with the remaining procedures. Queenstown Secondary School reserves the right not to release the interview results or the reasons for non-successful applications.
For more information on our school and on the DSA process, please refer to the following website:
- QTSS website: https://queenstownsec.moe.edu.sg/admission/